History

  • 1946 Founded as Willamette Concrete Products

    In July of 1946, Don Jones Sr. and his wife Hazel founded Willamette Concrete Products, and began manufacturing concrete block in response to the post World War II building boom. The original manufacturing plant was built on a 150' x 200' lot on the Willamette River between Eugene and Springfield.
  • 1958 Willamette Graystone Forms

    Willamette Concrete Products merged with a neighboring facility, Graystone Products, to become Willamette Graystone, Inc.
  • 1966 Two Acquisitions

    The purchase of Builders Supply of Medford added manufacturing capacity, while Smithwich Block's acquisition provided a west Eugene retail outlet.
  • 1968 Two More Acquisitions

    Capital Block of Salem was acquired and production capacity was again increased. Chrystalite Tile of Roseburg was purchased and converted from a manufacturing facility to a retail center.
  • 1978 New Facility Acquired

    Coos Bay Dredging was acquired.
  • 1979 New Bend Office & Plant Built

    Bend Office & Plant was built and started operations.
  • 1981 Some Changes

    Builders Supply of Medford was sold, and the west Eugene retail outlet was closed.
  • 1985 Purchased Concrete Paving Stones

    Concrete Paving Stones of Boring was purchased to better serve the Portland area. It was subsequently moved to Wood Village, where a new facility was built to manufacture interlocking concrete pavers and stepping stones.
  • 1994 Purchased Pumilite Corvallis Location

    Pumilite Corvallis operation purchased and renamed Willamette Graystone.
  • 1995 Wood Village Expansion

    The Wood Village location began manufacturing concrete septic tanks, and added a new warehouse facility and an expanded sales office.
  • 1999Corvallis Moved to New Site

    Corvallis facility doubled in size when it moved to a new location on Highway 99.
  • 2000Expansion In McMinnville

    McMinnville Concrete, Fireplace and Stove was purchased and relocated to the five-acre site of a former Copeland's Lumber.
  • 2004Wood Village Expansion

    Full production is achieved by adding Concrete Pavers and more SRW as major product lines in WV Mfg.
  • 2009Purchased Pumilite Salem Edgewater and Tualatin locations

    Willamette Graystone purchased Pumilite from the Hammer family. Pumilite was one of Willamette Graystone's largest dealers for many years.
  • 2011New Acquisition

    Willamette Graystone purchased Cascade Block in Medford & Grants Pass.